[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Content Provider Problem?

David,
        Some of my colleagues and I have spent some time working on
the problems you mentioned in your posting. Here are pointers to some
papers you can pull off the  Internet :

1)Can you protect the information from being distributed.

        Copyright Protection for Electronic Publishing over Computer
           Networks. Choudhury, Maxemchuk, Paul, Schulzrinne
                ftp://ftp.research.att.com/dist/anoncc/copyright.epub.ps.Z

2)Can you mark the information such that if it is distributed, you can
        track the one who distributed it.

        Electronic Marking and Identification Techniques to Discourage
           Document Copying. Brassil, Low, Maxemchuk & O'Gorman.
                ftp://ftp.research.att.com/dist/brassil/infocom94.ps

        Document Marking and Identification using both Line and Word
           Shifting. Low, Maxemchuk, Brassil, O'Gorman
                ftp://ftp.research.att.com/dist/brassil/docmark2.ps

Hope this helps.

        Abhijit Choudhury

Abhijit  K. Choudhury                   Tel. # : (908) 582 5440
Room No. 2A-208                         Fax. # : (908) 582 5809
AT&T Bell Laboratories
600 Mountain Avenue                     email : akc@allegra.att.com
Murray Hill  NJ 07974